2010年7月18日星期日

Physical keyboard, even if mediocre, still makes it the best Android phone !


I've been having this phone for a while now, and have to say that I love it despite its many flaws. Yes, its physical keyboard it's not as good as of Blackberries. And yes, its OS is not as smooth, as Iphone's. But, as a smartphone goes, Droid remains the best phone on the market ! Why ? Here's why:

- Descent specs for hardware
- Solidly build body
- 2.1 Android OS (the only open-source mobile OS on the market)
- "Google Experience" phone, means it's a showcase phone for Google with its billions in R&D (and Google, unlike Apple or Microsoft, not only talk but do the walk when it comes to "Do No Evil")
-And above all, the distinguishing factor: it's the only Android phone of the current crop, on the Verizon carrier, that have a physical keyboard.


I wouldn't even trade it for another Android phone like Droid Incredible or Nexus One, because a physical keyboard is a must, and no virtual keyboard will do it for me ! And I can't understand how people can type on a virtual keyboard, I have to it on my monitor at work, and hate every moment: I feel like walking on the plane ice with my fingers, without the tactile feedback of the keyboard, even when I do actually type ok, I never feel ok typing on any screen. So until I see a faster Android with a physical keyboard, Droid is a keeper.

P.S.

As a side-note, I wish Verizon provided service options for Droid outside U.S. (ideally a SIM slot for GSM use) I will be traveling in Europe soon, and it would be a pity to not be able to use some of the cool applications, especially the augmented reality one, while sight-sighting ! In addition Droid's assisted GPS is practically useless in the absence of the cell phone signal, so I can't use that feature either in Europe, even if I download GPS maps internally.

没有评论:

发表评论