2010年7月18日星期日

Only one word needed to describe the Moto Droid: Awesome!



I bought my Moto Droid from a well known price club about a month ago, and can honestly say it's the best electronic device I have ever owned! I have owned at least a dozen cell phones in as many years, including Blackberries and the like, and the Droid beats them all hands down! This phone does so much so well I don't even know where to begin.

It's a phone, a texting device, a PDA, a GPS NAV, an MP3 player, a video player and so much more. I have tethered it to my laptop with great results (even better results when phone is connected to a fast WiFi network vs Verizon's 3G network, but the speeds with 3G are still much faster than dial up). And the LCD display on this device is incredible. It puts the iPhone and many other phones to shame. I have ripped mp4 movies and copied them to the included 16GB micro-sd card to entertain my toddler at lunch time and the picture looks like a high def plasma TV, no exaggeration.



And before I forget, the glass on the Moto Droid is "Gorilla Glass" made by Corning and is extremely durable and wear resistant, so no need for a screen protector. Gorilla Glass can crack (or even shatter) if the phone is dropped and lands just right, but it's basically scratch proof (see Youtube video for droid glass scratch test). So why do they make screen protectors for the Droid, you ask? Because a sucker is born every minute. It's an easy sell to people who don't know any better and have been buying them to protect inferior phone screens for years now. Ever buy rustproofing for a new car? It's the biggest and longest running joke in the new car industry, but they still offer it don't they? Like I said...

Getting back to what the Droid can do, there are 10,000+ apps available in the "Market" (built in shortcut on apps page, so very easy to get to) and more are being developed every day. I currently have 47 apps (some are apps, some are games) of various kinds installed from the market that I like and use on a regular basis (I have installed more than 47 to date, but some apps I tried and didn't like or need and uninstalled not long after


installing, and you too will experience this "trial and error" process of finding new apps). Some of the pre-installed apps are very basic with very few customization options, and you may want to find apps in the Market to replace these. Others are great right out of the box. The voice recognition capabilities of this phone are great. I use the Droid as a NAV unit and search for destinations by voice with great results.

Bottom line is the Motorola Droid is one powerful device and you won't be sorry if you decide to buy this phone. Be prepared to play with it a lot in order to learn as much as you can to get the most out of it. The more you use it the more you will like it, I promise you. Motorola and Google did a great job getting this phone right the first time around. iPhone users can keep their iPhones. They don't know what they're missing!


没有评论:

发表评论