2010年7月18日星期日

Best cell phone I've had - Motorola DROID A855 Android Phone (Verizon Wireless)


Before getting this phone I spent a lot of time and effort researching which smart phone I wanted as I had never had one before and didn't want to mess around and get stuck with a phone I hated. I thought about waiting out and maybe getting the Nexus One through Google or perhaps even getting the HTC Eris. In the end though I went with this one.

The big seller for me was the slide out keyboard as I text a lot and use the internet a great deal. Yes, the keyboard does add a bit of clunkyness to the phone. Yes, it is completely flat and takes a lot of getting used to, and I sometimes get frustrated with the alt button being right next to the search function. One second I'll be mid next, and the next I'm searching my texts because I pressed the search button and not alt. Like I said, frustrating. But compared to the choice of touchscreen texting and physical texting I prefer the latter. I do use the on screen text function time to time, but only for smaller searches or one word replies.


Now when it comes to internet, email, etc. I'm a pretty basic user so I've never had a problem with the droid. The only real problem being that Gmail will randomly decide that it no longer wants to sync my contacts with the phone and I have to power off my phone and turn it back on, which usually fixes the problem. I used to have problems with emails never showing up, my facebook notifications not working, etc. but after spending time on the Android forums I managed to fix this problem pretty easily. The only other real qualm I have with the internet/email is the fact that the browser does not have tabbed browsing, but I'm pretty sure if I did some research I could find a downloadable browser to fix this problem, but I'm kind of lazy and it doesn't really affect my day to day use of the phone.

Now a big complaint I keep seeing is battery life. I have no problems whatsoever with its life. I charge it once a day and that is before I go to bed. I use the phone's built in power control widget and keep most items I am not using turned off, such as wifi, bluetooth, etc. I even have it so my screen does not show at maximum brightness. Sure the screen is beautiful when turned up all the way, but to be honest I don't need it set to blinding for it to be effective. I also avoid task killing programs after doing some research about them. It seems a lot of task killers do the exact opposite and help in killing your battery life because most users use them too aggressively. And really, if I was that concerned about a certain app running I could always do a force stop and there ya go, problem solved.


Oh and since it is a phone after all, I figure I should perhaps mention the call quality. Crystal clear, at least to me. My last phone was a Env and the call quality on it was horrid. I would have to constantly tell people to repeat themselves and after awhile I just resorted to using speaker phone. With this the sound is crystal clear, though be sure your screen automatically locks when you make phone calls or you'll be pressing buttons and dialing numbers all over the place.

All in all I pretty much am in love with this phone. Since getting it my mom has purchased one and several of my friends have also picked up the droid. All of them are pretty impressed with their phones too. I would say if you are on the fence about getting it to just go for it.

没有评论:

发表评论