2010年7月18日星期日

the initial "wow" factor wore off within 3 days


I was SO excited to give up my iPhone 3GS for the droid to have more customization options, a physical keyboard, "better" battery life, no to little dropped calls, louder speaker, etc.

I get the phone in the mail and it's pretty much fully dead, lovely. This already leaves a bad impression in my mind. There are hardly ANY syncing options for music and photos with a mac and the droid. PROBLEM 1: syncing options aren't great. The battery life is just NOT good, especially if you leave auto-brightness on. I turned off GPS, bluetooth, turned the brightness all the way down, and exited programs frequently and still barely made it through the day with medium usage. PROBLEM 2: the battery is lackluster for 1400MAH with a 6.4 hour estimated talk time. The facebook app, and apps in general, are AWFUL; completely and utterly awful and sloppy. Even after a year Android is still fragmented and unfinished and UGLY. PROBLEM 3: Android is still unfinished and just bad. did I mention how cheap the screen feels? It had this clicking problem even though it's SO close to the keyboard. with how heavy duty the phone as a whole feels it sucks that the screen slider feels cheap. PROBLEM 4: hardware is "meh" at best.


I wanted the Droid with it's 2.0.1 operating system to work better than the G1 I had so so long ago and help me replace my iPhone 3GS, but it did the exact opposite. This phone is SO BAD that I will never leave apple ever again. Even with the 2.1 update coming, Android still feels unfinished and the Droid suffers massive problems. Problems including (but not limited to): battery life not meeting the mark, cheap hardware, sucky apps, and complicated/slow syncing options.

Two thumbs down for me. I give the Droid 2 stars instead of 1 because the speaker IS quite loud and clear and speaker phone is good. Using the phone itself on calls though resulted in a buzzing sound in the background that bugged the hell out of me.

iPhone 3GS, I have never missed a piece of technology so much in my life, thank you for taking me back.

没有评论:

发表评论