2010年7月18日星期日

Droid Lives Up to All the Great News!


This phone lives up to all the great news!
I am not tech savvy and was a little nervous about getting such a "techy" phone.... but it is easy to use and highly advanced! First of all... DEFINITELY buy from Amazon. I was also nervous about buying from Amazon because everyone said it is better to buy directly from Verizon... but WRONG! I bought from Amazon and they offer better tech advice than Verizon does!
Here is what Verizon gets wrong:
* They said I cannot download ringtones to my DROID - not true... I downloaded (from the verizon web site) and the first few took a couple hours to come through and after that... they come through in seconds. Press and hold the text message when it comes through and then when asked - press save. Then go into your ring tones and it will be at the bottom. The only thing I could not seem to do was save it with a title - so I had to remember them by the number that they auto save as.
* They said that they could not help me set up my corporate email, They tried to say I had to go through my company IT dept who is closed on the weekends - but I had all of my corporate email info and just kept telling them to "elevate" my call and finally got to someone who handled it in seconds.
Also, be sure to [...] lots of cool info. But their "store prices" are twice as much as on Amazon... so don't shop there.. just read up there.
I gave my husband my GPS system to use because my DROID is better.
I gave my husband my IPOD because my DROID is better.
I gave my daughter my brand new Blackberry ($300 I paid for that phone) because my DROID is better.
I was concerned that email would be difficult because everyone said that blackberry is best.... not true.
For work I use my PDA non-stop. I am on the road constantly so I bought the following accessories:

* Kensington Car Mount - I live in California and went off another users recommendation
* Wired ear buds for when my bluetooth battery runs down
* Motorola H680 because it has 8 hours of talk time
* Backup battery
* Backup battery charger
* Car Charger
* Rubber case
* Backup desk charger (for my office#
Things I love about Verizon:
* Verizon has the best customer service on the planet and I forgot how wonderful that excellent customer service can be!
(Had AT&T and left to go to Sprint for the Simply Everything plan where I could save money. But HATED Sprints horrible customer service and dropped calls. It is worth a little more to avoid the constant dropped calls.)
* Verizon has the best cell coverage nationwide and it is definitely worth a few extra bucks a month
Things I love about Amazon:
* I opted to "take a chance" with buying my phone thru Amazon and I am soooo glad I did! The $49 price tage is much better than the $200 Verizon price! (as of yesterday the price is now $25 on Amazon)

* Amazon has the best tech advice for the Droid
Things I love about my DROID:
* Email is fast and easy and I love it!
* Links all my contacts with those who have facebook so that their facebook picture shows up for all their calls, texts, emails, etc! Very cool!
* Even typing with my nails is easy - I use the edge of my thumb pad and it is spot on!
* Bar code scanner - I travel a lot and love being able to find where to buy something!
* GPS thru google maps is easier to use than the GPS in my car!
* Easiest PDA I have ever used
For a technically challenged female... this phone is very simple and user friendly!
Well gotta sign off... but I will update periodically!

没有评论:

发表评论