2010年7月18日星期日

DROID DOES


Let me start off by saying this phone changed my life. This is my first smartphone (had a sanyo M1 for 2 1/2 years before switching to Verizon). I had been waiting for an iPhone killer for years or at least decent competition for years. Microsoft wouldn't step up their game with the windows OS and no apps could begin to measure up to Apple's. Google stepped up to the challenge with Android OS. Their apps, design, and interface with the quality manufacturer Motorola together is nothing short of epic.

Pros:

screen quality = amazing. best out there hands down, plain and simple. great for watching movies. use doubletwist to convert and sync your video media to your Droid.

FAST: uses the same processor as the iPhone and there are task killer apps that can make it run faster by shutting down certain apps running in the background. And if really want to get movin, you can "root" your phone and overclock the processor. I wouldn't recommend it though unless you know what you are doing.

FORMATS: try watching AVI on your iPhone..yeah it doesn't work

Runs multiple apps: I don't know how I functioned without this before


Physical keyboard: Although it may be stiff, AT LEAST IT HAS ONE. Many smartphones are moving away from the idea of having a real keyboard. However the Droid is the world's thinnest slide-out QWERTY keyboard phone out there

16 gig card: Expandable up to 32 gb and comes pre-installed with a 16 gig. Who else is going to give you such a huge card WITH the opportunity to go even higher?...Apple probably never will

5 MP camera: Can be slow when it comes to taking pictures but the quality is amazing. Almost makes you rethink the need for a real camera sometimes. Has flash (and can be used as a flashlight with certain apps) and records video at 720 X 480.

Removable battery: gives you the option to prolong your phone as we all know, all batteries lose charge eventually.

File Managers: you can hook this phone up to your computer and see all the files and folders...unlike manipulative Apple. You can drag and drop files/folders as you please

Cons:
Cant surf and be on the phone simultaneously (not really Droid's fault more so Verizon's but one of the few things I could think of that I dont like about my phone).

Keyboard: buttons are somewhat stiff and can be hard to mash at times

Slide out screen is somewhat stiff, even though its given me no trouble it just isn't as smooth as the Samsung Moment


Let me conclude this by saying I was once an apple fan. However I grew tired of their tactics. They get money from their customers by making them somewhat dependent on them. The non-removable battery and internal memory and unable to upgrade characteristics really got to me after a year of my first Apple product (30 gig iPod). It only works for like an hour off of a single charge now. It's damn near useless. They almost "make" you buy another one. That's how they make money. I was watching their products though. Its 2010 and you're still doing non-removable battery? gtfoh They also restrict access to you seeing your own files on your own device! I couldn't stand this and abandoned them for good. What if someone told you as you bought a car that you could only drive it on Tuesday and Wednesday? What if you were about to make a purchase on a TV and you were told you couldnt watch what you wanted to watch? The point I'm trying to make is how can anyone tell me how I can use my product if I paid for it??? I was offended over time.

The MOTO DROID is the first real iPhone killer or at least worthy competitor. Simple people may flock to the iPhone. However nerds, techies, and people who want their phone to do much more should really get the Droid. It's almost like there was life before the droid, and then there is life after it

没有评论:

发表评论