2010年7月17日星期六

Slowest phone ever


This phone has a LOT of potential, unfortunately the software is TERRIBLE and it is either extremely underpowered or just poorly designed software. When the phone is new it is responsive to your touch, has a little bit of a lag when moving around but that's normal.

Once you load apps on it and start attempting to use it towards it's potential the phone becomes crippled and in my opinion is the worst phone I've had it 10 yrs. I often wait 3-5 sec after clicking on pretty much any button for my input to be acknowledged. When dialing a call I will hit the person's name and it will actually not start the call for 35+ seconds. I've timed it with a stopwatch. It is so bad that in the beginning I thought it didn't take my input so I'd retouch the screen. Fortunately, this phone is so smart that it would recognize both inputs with the huge lag so it would connect my call with person A, and then when i was on the call with person A it would dial person A again at the same time so I'd be talking to them and we'd both hear the phone ringing. They'd ask me, why are you calling again when we're on the phone and I'd have to explain how ridiculously slow the phone is to respond and the problems. Only way to remedy this situtation is to hang up and retry.

The phone drops calls in areas where my old phone never dropped calls, so i'd rate reception as worse.

The battery life is awful. I use it fairly heavily, but after owning it for 6 months my phone battery is usually done after about 6hrs of being unplugged.


I upgraded to the new Android OS 2.1 but this makes things even worse. Seems to have some nice newer features but that just makes the phone hog the internet more and be less responsive.

Terrible lag when typing messages.

Why can't the software developers figure out that this is a SINGLE CORE processor and it CANNOT multi-task. If the user is actively using the phone, background tasks need to be halted so that the phone can be responsive. I'm tired of waiting 5 seconds between each click, and actually set the phone down when navigating through screens (e.g. like adding a new contact, seriously!!)

没有评论:

发表评论