2010年7月20日星期二

Perfect for work/personal use


I purchased this phone about 3 weeks ago, and I'm more than satisfied with its performance. I upgraded from the old bb worldphone, and wasn't sure if I wanted to go touchscreen, but since the vendor from whom I bought it allows returns within 30 days for any reason, I decided to take a chance on it. I will not be returning it. So far, I've found the upgraded surepress technology to work like a charm. Apparently they changed from having one mechanical button, to 4, located in different quadrants of the screen. Typing a message with this phone is just as fast as typing with my old keyboard-based blackberry. That's what I needed to switch to a touch-screen: typing capability that matched that of a keyboard-based phone.

The operating system is intuitive and fast. There is little-to-no lag time switching from one application to the next and switching from regular to landscape view. The browser is acceptable (better than my old bb's browser). BB has always had trouble with its web browsers, but from what I hear, RIM is coming out with a Webkit browser soon. Once that happens, I expect the browser to be superb.


Of course, the thing that sets this phone apart from other contemporaries, is its ability to handle email. My firm currently runs Office through an exchange server, and BB and Outlook are best friends. My firm's IT guy also prefers BB's because he feels (I don't know if this is true) that they are more secure when connected to a server. In addition, my gmail account was simple to set up, and sometimes emails show up on my phone before they do online. I did not get the Droid because of its trouble synching with Office, and particularly Outlook (I was willing to give up a little screen size and browser capability to ensure my emails were easy to get, read, and respond to).

I don't use the phone much for games, but I have watched some youtube videos on it and the visual and speaker are very good for a smartphone.

The phone and speakerphone are great: crisp sound, no echoes. Simply put, this is a great phone that will enable you to stay connected and message using any type of program at lightning speed.

没有评论:

发表评论