2010年7月20日星期二

My First Touchscreen - BlackBerry Storm2 9550 Phone (Verizon Wireless)


This is my first touchscreen phone and I'm really having fun with it. In my line of work, I need to be able to access medical and hazard material data immediately and reliably, while being able to call any number of public and private agencies. The reason I say this is because my number one requirement is reliability, and that is closely followed by usability. I've had Palm PDAs for my reference books (no more bags of books needed) and progressed through the blessing of phone/pda combinations beginning with the Treo 700 and 755 to the Blackberry Curve and then the Blackberry Tour. I now have the Blackberry Storm 2 and have no regrets. I was quite nervous about making the jump to touchscreen because I was so used to a keyboard, moreover the history of the Storm wasn't stellar. I did my research, played with various devices, read the reviews (Amazon included) and bought the phone. In doing so, I bypassed the Droid, the Eris and LGs.

The good:
1)The BB9550 has been phenomenally reliable without a single glitch or hardware issue.
2)It is very fast and opens up my medical reference texts faster than my Tour did.
3)The bigger screen makes it possible for me to read attachments (big reason for switching to a full screen phone)

4)Email is blackberry awesome with multiple accounts managed easily
5)As a music player, photo album and video device is is excellent
6)Keyboard is great--I love the feedback "click". I cannot understand the whining about tired fingers...how does one type on a regular computer keyboard or use a pencil without some muscle? All I can say is that if you're tired from the miniscule effort of texting, perhaps the issue is wimpy fingers
7)Memory availability is fantastic.
8)Touchscreen is reliable, solid...the entire phone feels solid and well built.

The bad:
1)Learning curve using the keyboard configurations with my fat fingers--am getting quickly better and more efficient
2)Battery life does suck--I charge continually by habit (always have, regardless of device)

Bottom line, I really like this phone and am very glad to have gotten it. Am giving my excellent Tour away as a gift!

As you can see, the "bads" are relative and not really factors for such a powerful device.

没有评论:

发表评论